Monday, June 6, 2016

Stroopwaffel Is a Melt-In-Your-Mouth Treat




Ooh, la la. Fancy. This is what I though when I decided to buy the Belgian Boys Choco Stroopwaffel (No this is not typo, Stroopwaffel is one word) The stroopwaffel is actually a Dutch sandwich cookie. It is two cookies with caramel in the middle. The cookie goes with coffee because people put the cookie on top of their coffee and the steam from the coffee softens the caramel. Yummy.

First Bite: I definitely taste caramel and a crunch from the waffle. The chocolate is sweet but not too sweet and the caramel tastes fine. It tastes like ordinary caramel but with a slight richness to it. It is almost like the caramel flavor is stronger. It also is very stringy and quite sticky. It was so sticky, that I had s little trouble getting it out of the package because part of the chocolate got stuck in the wrapper. Oops! The dessert as a whole was great and I will have to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment