Thursday, January 12, 2017

Flavored M&Ms Shake Up Your Taste Buds




Mars recently launched exciting new flavors of M&M Peanuts. I chose the Chilli Nut M&Ms and was not disappointed. First, when I began to chew, the candy tasted like a regular Peanut M&M until I was almost finished chewing. As I was ending my chocolate vacation, the spicy flavor of chilli peppers knocked out my taste buds.

I thought the chilli flavor was strong but not over powering. The spiciness lingered until I swallowed. It stayed on my tongue for the right amount of time and did not last after I finished the candy. Some of the pieces were stronger than others since my father had one and did not taste much of the chilli. However, my piece was a punch of flavor. I think I will try the Honey Nut flavor next time.

After trying the Chilli Nut Peanut M&Ms, I decided to try the competition: Honey Nut Peanut M&Ms. I popped one in my mouth and tasted a sweetness similar to honey. The flavor was pleasant and delicious. It tasted as if someone poured honey in the M&Ms candy.

I noticed a pattern when I looked at the Honey Nut M&Ms: color scheme. The chilli M&Ms I tried had a hot color scheme: red, orange and brown. The Honey Nut M&Ms have a different scheme: dark yellow, bright yellow and black. The colors remind me of honey bees, which have yellow and black in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment